Sunday, June 1, 2008

Leave The Driving to Mark




Saturday night I deviated from my usual MO and drove to Mille Lacs without my boat. My host was a friend of mine who has a place at Anglers Paradise, the old Dickies Portside(www.dickiesportside.com/). Big storms were moving through and he called to warn me of the pending downpour. Looking at the radar on the internet it appeared that by the time I got there the majority of the storm would have blown by. My strategy work perfectly and I arrived just as the rain stopped. A couple of smoked chops, fresh aspargas on the grill, and a glass of cognac hit the spot. We got out about 7:00 and fished till 9:45. We caught 2 keeper walleyes on bobbers in 7 feet as well as this picture of a typical Mille Lacs sunset. Sometimes it is nice simply to leave the fishing to someone else for once. Thanks Mark, it was a perfect compliment to the weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With age comes an appreciation for "just bein' there" Dew