Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Quick Note Before I Head Out


Front end work

Tomorrow morning at 6:00 I head out to Lake Oahe.  The weather is hot and here's hoping the bite will be as well.  It's been a scramble the last 2 days with the 3 inches of rain we had on Friday night to celebrating my niece's birthday on Sunday in Wisconsin, there's a lot to get done.  I did decide to take the front end of the Ferguson apart to replace the pivot pin and bushings that had worn out.  It came apart pretty well but soon discovered that the bushings I had ordered 6 months ago were the wrong ones.  The right one should be in by the time I get back and pending any further problems should be back together by next Monday.  It will be just perfect as the back of the field is getting pretty long and needs mowing.  The other issue is that its parked in front of my jon boat and the river is slowly making its way to a more normal flow after our very wet and late spring.  Hopefully I can get out on the river next week and catch a few smallies or catfish, if I am not fished out from 4 days on the Missouri River..........not!
Ben's 23 inch Walleye

With little time to write anything of substance this week, I will end with a picture of my good friend Ben Taylor and his 23 inch walleye he caught out of Platte Lake this weekend.    I'm sure that it provided a great start to a fish fry later that evening.  Ben's chomping at the bit to get up to Leech Lake with us for opener and become an official Team Walleye member.  With catches like this, I'm not sure we want him!  I think he'll fit right in.  Here's hoping we'll have plenty of pictures and memories for my next post.

No comments: